Learning to use Aperture - Removing Keywords
Before the holidays I started to use Apple’s Aperture photo management software. Mainly because my new camera lets me shoot in Raw, and I also wanted more control over editing and organizing all my photos. The following bugged me for awhile, so I am posting it here as a reminder to myself:
How to bulk remove keywords in Aperture
If you import your library from iPhoto, there is a new keyword on every single photo called ‘iPhoto Edited’. Removing this keyword is simple once you know how.
- Click on ‘Projects’ Tab.
- Click on ‘All Photos’
- Under View menu choose ‘Browser Only’
- Select All the photos - Command A.
- Press ‘Shift D’ to show keyword controls
- In the ‘Add Keyword’ field, enter the keyword you wish to remove
- Then press ‘Shift Return’
All of the photos you selected will have that keyword removed automatically.